The Anundoram Borooah Award is given to students of Assam securing 75% marks or above in the High School Leaving Certificate (HSLC), High Madrassa, Sanskrit and Pali Pravesika & FM (Sr. Madrassa) examinations to motivate the students. This award is given by the Government of Assam.
Today (13 Sept 2017), the award distribution ceremony was kicked-off in the Central Ceremonial Distribution Function. Hon'ble Chief Minister Shri Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the event in the presence of Dr, Himanta Biswa Sarma, Hon'ble Education Minister of Assam. Hon'ble Minister of Information Technology Shri Keshab Mahanta was also present at the event. The event was held at the Veterinary College Playground, Khanapara, Guwahati.
The award comprises of a laptop and a certificate.
Here is some feature of the laptop:
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4405u
- Storage: 500 GB
- RAM: 4GB DDR4
- OS: Linux Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Screen: 14" 1366 x 768 Pixel HD LED backlit
- Weight: 1.80 kg
- Memory Card Reader
- Li-ion Battery
- 4G/3G data connectivity using USB dongle or WiFi Device along with 2 years subscription.
- Digital academic content based on NCERT syllabus for class XI & XII.
- Online tutoring for Engineering and Medical Entrance Examination.
For More Information about distribution of Laptops visit: www.arbas.assam.gov.in